Truck Body Panels
Honeycomb sandwich panels are widely used in the Truck Body manufacturing industry due to their significant weight and cost advantages compared to full bodied alternatives.
Here are the types of panels, that are most commonly used for Truck Bodies:
1.Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Composite panels with Poly Propylene (PP) Honeycomb core
2.FRP Composite panels with Plywood core
3.FRP Composite panels with XPS foam core.
There are multiple possibilities for different combinations of core and skin materials, depending on the project requirements and customer’s preferences.
The Honeycomb Composite Panel weighs approximately 5.5-8.5 kg/m2, depending on the surface skin and thickness. Maximal single panel size: 3000 x 12000 mm
• Superior impact and damage resistance
• Surfaces that do not corrode, fade or peel
• Superior acoustic and thermal insulation
• Smooth wall surfaces that easily allow graphics and paint application
• Minor damage are easily repaired with standard fiberglass fillers